The -150C Cryogenic Freezer from PHCbi provides a reliable air phase cryogenic storage solution without the need for use of Liquid Nitrogen (LN2). This freezer is powered by a high performance auto-cascade refrigeration system to deliver superior cooling and temperature uniformity. Unlike traditional cryo freezers using liquid or vapor phase storage, the MDF-C2156VANC-PA model -150C freezer uses air phase cryogenic storage eliminating the need for a liquid nitrogen supply. Air phase offers an economical alternative to liquid nitrogen-based systems, with built-in redundancy safeguards for the ultimate in safe cryogenic preservation.
Benefits of Mechanical Cryopreservation:
- Tight uniformity at -150°C, ±5°C
- Minimizes consumption of LN2 where greater than 3% loss per day is typical
- Reduces the LN2 handling safety hazard
- Lowers total costs of ownership, reduces global energy costs of LN2 production to help meet facility sustainability objectives
- Eliminates cross contamination potential of liquid phase storage
Why Choose the PHCbi -150C Freezer for Your Lab?
In addition to mechanical cryopreservation, the -150C VIP Plus series freezer also features an internal capacity of 8.2 cu. ft. giving you the option to safely store up to 150 standard 2” boxes (15,000 x 2ml vials) or 105 standard 3” boxes (10,500 x 4ml vials). These samples are protected by the patented VIP® Plus Insulation Technology providing a highly efficient, thin-walled cabinet and insulated inner lid to improve temperature uniformity minimize warm up during door openings or power outages.
Additional Product Features:
- Creates reproducible temperature storage at any location within the chamber
- Factory configured to use standard LN2 back-up system
- Inventory flexibility; uses conventional chest freezer inventory boxes and racks
- Chest design with sub-lids minimizes cold air loss during lid openings
- VIP® Plus vacuum insulation protects load, protects against high ambient temperatures
- Graphic LCD control panel with pop-up menus provides a visual display of operating data, predictive analytics, status reminders, data capture, storage and communication
- Comprehensive audible and visual alarms for high/low temperature, power, filter, lid, diagnostics